Singapore no longer has to share the top prize with Germany.
With a visa-free score of 159, Singapore now holds the title for "most powerful passport in the world".
The tie-breaker between Germany and Singapore is all thanks to Paraguay. The South American country removed visa requirements for Singaporeans.
With a Singapore passport, one can travel to 159 countries visa-free and/ or visa on arrival, including the United Kingdom, Nepal, Mexico, and one of the most difficult countries to enter: Kiribati.
How is powerful calculated?
The Passport Index is developed by Arton Capital, a financial advisory firm which provides investor programmes for residence and citizenship.
The ranking of 199 countries (193 United Nations member countries and six territories, including Taiwan and Hong Kong) is mainly based on the how many countries can a passport holder travel to without a visa, or with visa on arrival.
First Asian country to top list
For the first time, Singapore is the first Asian country to top the list.
Here's the top 10 list of the most powerful passports in the world:
1. 159 – Singapore
2. 158 – Germany
3. 157 – Sweden, South Korea
4. 156 – Denmark, Finland, Italy, France, Spain, Norway, Japan, United Kingdom
5. 155 – Luxemburg, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Austria, Portugal
6. 154 – Malaysia, Ireland, Canada, United States of America
7. 153 – Australia, Greece, New Zealand
8. 152 – Malta, Czech Republic, Iceland
9. 150 – Hungary
10. 149 – Slovenia, Slovakia, Poland, Lithuania, Latvia
Singapore passport, you've come so far: