Almost two weeks after his drink driving charge was reported by the media, actor Shane Pow has broken his silence with an apology on Instagram.
The post was published on May 5, 2021, one day after his official departure from Mediacorp.
The broadcasting giant announced on Apr. 26 that it was terminating its contract with 29-year-old Pow for his legal indiscretions.
Rough few weeks
Saying that it had been a rough couple of weeks, Pow apologised deeply to those around him.
He also extended his apologies and gratitude to Mediacorp, as well as his managers at the company.
Pow further showed his remorse by acknowledging the consequences of his actions, adding that he "deserve[s] and accept[s]" whatever punishment that may come his way.
The actor vowed to learn from the incidents and never to repeat his mistakes.
You can read his full message here:
"Many things have happened in the past few weeks and it has been really rough for me but first of all, I would like to apologise to my family, friends and everyone who has shown me love and support. I made a mistake and I regret it deeply with all my heart. I am sorry that I let you down.
I appreciate the kindness and support that many of you have extended to me, and I also would like to thank Mediacorp and my managers for all the opportunities that you have given me all these years. I'm truly grateful. I sincerely apologise for the trouble I've caused, and I should have known better and be a better role model.
With that said, I have to be responsible for my actions and face the consequences that i deserve and accept whatever punishment that comes my way.
But I will make certain that this is the last of it. It is (a) hard lesson, but I will better myself and come out stronger than before.
I can only hope that when all is said and done, you will find it in your heart to forgive my mistakes and allow me another chance to prove my sincerity once more.
Thank you, and I'm sorry."
Top image via Shane Pow's Instagram page