S'porean DJ Tenashar alleged she was kidnapped, robbed & assaulted in JB

She claims she suffers from memory lapses and a sprained ankle as a result of the attack.

Sulaiman Daud | July 11, 2019, 07:43 PM

Singaporean DJ Debbie Valerie Tenashar Long, better known as DJ Tenashar, claims she was abducted and robbed in Johor Bahru, Malaysia on July 4.

A copy of the police report made in Malaysia was shared with Mothership by Long.

Long claimed in the report that the perpetrators, who spoke Malay, threatened her with a knife.

Robbed at knifepoint

In response to Mothership queries, Long claimed that the incident took place on July 4, at Berjaya Waterfront in Johor Bahru.

Long said that she was in a "grey SUV" with a group of four men, but she could not remember how she was "kidnapped".

The robbers took her identity card, credit cards, ATM card, wallet, purse, mobile phone, all her "documents", and her passport.

They also used the knife to "tear open" her bag containing her laptop.

Physically assaulted

Long also alleged that the robbers physically attacked her.

She claimed that they punched her in the stomach and beat her up.

She suffered several injuries, including:

  • A sprained foot.
  • A swollen and bruised upper thigh.
  • Being knocked unconscious and suffering from memory lapses.

These injuries left her "limping" and unable to sit down due to the "excruciating" pain, she said.

Long added that she was "chucked out into a sewage ditch" with rats and snakes, and she broke her shoes while climbing out.

Long said that a police inspector accompanied her to Sultanah Aminah Hospital in Johor Bahru, where she was diagnosed with soft tissue damage and a sprained ankle.

She was also allegedly diagnosed with severe mental trauma by a psychiatrist.

Police officers allegedly demanded to view her private photos

Long also alleged that while she was speaking to Malaysian police officers, they demanded to see the contents of her laptop, but she refused, as it contained "half-dressed photos" of her inside.

She said that when she refused, the officers shouted and screamed at her, and kicked her chair.

Long further claimed that the officers threatened to arrest her and lock her up if she did not comply.

She only got out of that situation after a police inspector "came to her rescue" and accompanied her to the hospital and also the Singapore Consulate-General in Johor Bahru, where she was safe.

We have reached out to the Malaysian police for comment regarding Long's allegations and will update this article when we hear back.

Related stories:

Top image from Tenashar's Facebook page.