How to register your LTA-approved e-bike
First, you need to be at least 16 years old.
Nomadic Art Caravan
24 March 2018 - 25 March 2018, -
Ang Mo Kio
The Secret Garden exhibition
24 March 2018 - 01 April 2018, 12:00-18:00
28 Temenggong Road Singapore 098775
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) is clamping down on those who illegally modify their e-bikes or power-assisted bicycles by mandating the registration of such vehicles.
The move also aims to make it easier for the authorities to nab reckless riders and make pathways and roads safer for other users.
Here’s how to register your e-bike: [Useful link]
1. You must be at least 16 years old to register.
Registration commences Aug. 14, 2017.
2. The e-bike must be approved and affixed with a valid LTA blue or orange seal.
E-bikes with the orange seal are LTA-approved and can be registered after the Jan. 31, 2018, deadline. These e-bikes have met the tighter technical requirements that came into effect in February 2016.
3. Those e-bikes without the seal can be sent to selected LTA authorised inspection centres (AICs) for inspection, approval and sealing.
VICOM: Sin Ming, Bukit Batok, Kaki Bukit
STA: Sin Ming, Boon Lay
4. The AIC will also register the bike when it is sealed. Users have to pay S$50 registration fee.
Other fees might apply for the inspection, approval and affixing of the LTA seal.
5. However, the registration fee of S$50 will be waived if they register by Nov. 30, 2017.
6. The number plate bearing the assigned registration number must be affixed to the rear of bike within three days of successful registration.
7. All e-bikes need to be registered by Jan. 31, 2018.
From Feb. 1, 2018, people who keep or use unregistered e-bikes or power-assisted bicycles without a valid number plate on public roads or paths will be liable to a fine or jail term, or both.