News of AMK Hub Samsung store catching fire made it to various international news outlets
Suddenly Ang Mo Kio so famous.
If you haven’t heard the news, a fire broke out in the storeroom of the Samsung Experience Store in Ang Mo Kio Hub in the wee hours of March 28.
While the cause of the fire has not been confirmed, according to Channel NewsAsia, it happened in the storeroom of the outlet at 1.25am and was put out by sprinklers and the Singapore Civil Defence Force water jet.
Of course, that hasn’t stopped people from speculating that the fire could very well have been caused by the latest line of Samsung Galaxy S8 phones.
If that is the case, not only will it be ironic, but disconcerting given the previous line of Note 7 phones were globally recalled due to batteries overheating and achieving combustion.
This fire news comes a day before Samsung was set to announce its Galaxy S8 phone.
As a result, quite a few international news outlets have taken a keen interest in this Singapore story, and reported on this case, giving Singapore, and in turn, Ang Mo Kio Hub, quite the spotlight it’d never imagine it’ll receive.
A few international sites that reported on this incident include CNET, which also has video coverage on the incident:
And even TIME, which shared Fortune‘s article on the fire.
Fire breaks out at Samsung Singapore store one day before Galaxy S8 launch https://t.co/4DcYtJ6O3y
— TIME (@TIME) March 28, 2017
Of course, while their point of focus was on the incident itself, suddenly, AMK Hub has become — literally — the hottest topic in town.
Congrats AMK, you made international news https://t.co/NLbN9ymRd2
— ᴊᴜsᴛɪɴ ᴄʜᴀɴ (@esti_d) March 29, 2017
Yes, AMK, you’re famous.