Electronic road pricing (ERP) rates will be increased by S$1 at seven expressway locations from Apr. 3, 2023.
ERP rates increased to manage congestion
According to a Mar. 28 press release by the Land Transport Authority (LTA), traffic has built up at various stretches of expressways based on LTA's monitoring of traffic conditions in February 2023.
The increase in ERP rates is to manage congestion at these places.
The seven affected locations are:
- AYE - After Jurong Town Hall towards City
- Southbound CTE before Braddell Road
- Southbound CTE after Braddell Road and PIE Slip Road into Southbound CTE
- Southbound CTE Auxiliary Lane to PIE (Changi)/ Serangoon Road
- PIE (Adam and Mount Pleasant)
- KPE (ECP) after Defu Flyover
- Westbound PIE before Eunos
LTA further added that the rates for other previously announced timeslots and gantries remain unchanged.
It also noted that even with these adjustments, the number of locations and timeslots charged is still lower than the period before the pandemic.
LTA also said they will continue to monitor traffic speeds and congestion levels closely and assess if ERP rates need to be further adjusted.
Top screenshot from Google Streetview