The 16-year-old boy, who suffered a cardiac arrest six days after getting his first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/ Cominarty Covid-19 vaccine, is out of the intensive care unit (ICU).
This development was revealed by the Ministry of Health (MOH) on Thursday, July 15.
Transferred out of ICU
MOH said the teenager was transferred to a high dependency ward in the National University Hospital's coronary care unit, where he remains stable.
He is there for "close monitoring and observation", MOH said.
MOH said it is still investigating the underlying cause leading to his cardiac arrest.
The ministry said: "Our priority is the well-being of the patient and he is under the close medical care of an excellent team in the (NUH) and our hopes and well wishes are with him and his family for a steady recovery."
The boy collapsed on July 3 morning, six days after he received his first dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech/ Comirnaty vaccine on June 27.
He had been taking supplements and was lifting weights almost twice his body weight at the gym when he collapsed, it was revealed.
He was first treated at Khoo Teck Puat Hospital, and was subsequently transferred on the same evening to the NUH's ICU in critical condition.
Top photo via Unsplash