Takashimaya's Chinese New Year fair will look quite different this year.
Thanks to the Covid-19 pandemic, a number of safe distancing measures have been put in place.
This includes reducing the number of brands at the fair, in order to manage the crowd.
Instead of the usual 60 odd stalls, the fair will see only 24 stalls this year.
The stalls will also be spread across Basement 1 and 2, rather than being congregated at the mall's atrium.
Here's a list of the participating brands:
- Asian T.Abalone
- Baker’s Well
- Bake Inc
- BBQ Chef
- Chop Tai Chong Kok
- The Cookie Museum
- HarriAnns Nonya Table
- Home’s Favourite
- Juz Bread
- Kee Wah Bakery
- King of Melon Seeds
- Kwong Cheong Thye
- Mdm Ling Bakery
- Mei-Xin (HK)
- My Mum’s Cookies
- Pat Chun (HK)
- Peony Jade
- Pryce Tea
- Rasa Sayang
- Tam Kah
- Wing Joo Loong
- Yi Lai Shuen
Shoppers are required do the usual safe entry check-ins as well, under the Takashimaya Department Store.
An estimate of 28 shoppers are allowed into Talking hall, B1 at any one time.
Staff are also stationed at various points to remind shoppers to maintain a safe distance.
Sadly but expectedly, there are no samples available this year, which puts a (necessary) dampener on the festive shopping.
You can still eyeball the snacks on display, but that's about it.
- Jan. 14 - 24: Early Bird Special: Up to 20 per cent off on selected brands
- Jan. 15 - 21: 10 per cent off on selected brands for Takashimaya cardholders
- Jan. 22 - 24: First 200 DBS Takashimaya Cardholders per day will receive a S$10 CNY voucher with a minimum spend of S$200 (maximum of three same-day receipts)
- Jan. 28 - 31: Free Lucky Cat Tea Set with minimum purchase of S$250 (maximum of three combined receipts) at Basement 1 for Takashimaya cardholders
- Feb. 1 - 4: First 150 DBS cardholders per day will receive 2 x S$5 CNY F&B vouchers with a minimum spend of S$200 (max three same-day receipts)
Top image via Takashimaya Singapore