Modesto's restaurant at Orchard Rendezvous Hotel will remain open for a few more weeks, its owner Ashok Melwani told Mothership.sg.
Ashok said the restaurant would remain open until at least June 30, in response to customer feedback.
It was previously reported that the two Modesto's restaurants in the Orchard area were set to close down during this Covid-19 pandemic.
Modesto’s at Orchard Rendezvous Hotel has been operating for 23 years and was slated to close by June.
Its other outlet at The Elizabeth Hotel ceased its dine-in service at the end of April after operating for 17 years.
Ashok said the extension for the Orchard Rendezvous Hotel outlet would last till mid-July the latest.
He said: "Hence, the last day of business is likely to be July 5, with the range of June 30 to July 12 being the inner and outer limits."
"The main reason is that we have received many requests to see if we can stay open a bit longer to allow our long-time customers a last chance to enjoy a meal on our premises once phase 2 kicks in."
Modesto's is also raising money for retrenched employees.
Ashok is setting aside 20 per cent of all self-takeaway and direct delivery sales now for the staff retrenchment fund.
Modesto's currently charges an extra S$10 to S$15 for delivery, this fee can be waived for any order over S$75.
But customers can opt to pay the full price to support the retrenchment fund.
Customers can call Modesto's at 6235 7808 to place an order.
Top photo via Google Maps