Beijing to suspend all inter-province bus services on Jan. 26
Buses within the city will continue running as per normal.
Some inter-province bus services are already suspended
The Beijing News verified the news with representatives from the Beijing Municipal Commission of Transportation and various long-distance bus stations, following rumours of the suspension online since Saturday night, Jan. 24.
Representatives from the Beijing Daxing International Airport bus company told The Beijing News that they have already suspended all inter-province buses.
Buses in Beijing still running
However, the company said bus services within Beijing are still under operation.
The inter-province bus services will remain suspended until further notice from the Beijing Municipal Commission of Transportation, the bus company added.
Outbound tourist groups to be halted
CGTN also reported that all outbound tourist groups will be halted starting from Monday, Jan. 27.
At least 10 Chinese are already in lockdown in an attempt to contain the virus.
They are Wuhan, Huanggang, Ezhou, Chibi, Qianjiang, Zhijiang, Jingmen, Xiantao, Xiaogan and Huangshi in Hubei province.
According to official figures from the Chinese authorities, there are at least 1,370 people infected with the virus in China so far, and 41 deaths.
In Singapore, there are three confirmed cases.
Photo by Zachary Keimig/Unsplash