Carousell is a homegrown mobile phone app for Singaporeans to list items for sale and allows buyers and sellers to message each other privately to bargain/finalise deals.
Carousell's tagline is 'Sell in a Snap. Buy with a Chat'.
The anonymity of the Internet and lack of inhibitions of e-commerce led to two things: 1) incredibly thick-skinned cheapskates who love trying their luck to lowball sale prices; 2) Perverts.
Thank goodness for the Internet, someone had the smarts to start a Tumblr blog aptly named Carouhell which welcomes user screenshot submissions of ridiculous buyers/sellers on Carousell.
Check out some of the more ludicrous ones:
1. Some people don't take kindly to rejection
2. The friendship troll
3. This is a carousell emergency
4. The lowball pro
5. A string of shady pervs
6. How to deal with pervs
7. Because being cash strapped is a perfectly legit reason when bargaining for non-essential products
8. Because students get discounts everywhere
9. PLS PLS PLS
10. This kid knows the market well
11. Filial self-reflecting son
12. And finally, someone who has reached Carousell nirvana
Articles you may like:
Top image from thenextweb