15 to 20 years ago, when the Internet wasn't that pervasive, the slang terms used by teenagers were more or less passed down from their seniors in school.
Today, the Internet allows teenagers to consume media from everywhere. In turn, the culture and language of the online world has influenced the slang they use. They've added new words into their vocabulary that didn't exist before and these words replace others that were once in vogue.
Here's a comparison of a few situations in which the slang teenagers use has evolved from the 1990s to the 2010s:
1. When someone is trying too hard to be cool
2. When describing someone excelling at something
3. Checking someone out intensely
4. Pet names for your significant other
5. When you are frustrated at someone's lack of intelligence
6. Responding to someone stating the painfully obvious
7. When asking someone to stop doing something irritating
8. When coaxing your friends to do something scary for the first time
9. When someone's dress sense is pretty outstanding
So which era do you belong to? Are there words that you use then or now that is totally foreign to another group of people? Let us know in the comments!