Dear parents of junior college-going children, this is the kind of rubbish that holier-than-thou organisation Focus on the Family is dishing out in the name of sex education in Singapore schools.
1. Portraying females as dunderheads
2. Educating males about female doublespeak
3. Doing the exact opposite for males
4. Educating boys that "gals", as Focus on the Family calls them, are emotional wrecks
5. Playing up more stereotypes of these "gals"
6. Playing up the insecurity of both genders
7. Announcing guys are slave to their hormones
And not as if young adults these days are going to take things lying down.
A 17-year-old junior college student, by the name of Agatha Tan, has decided to respond in the form of an open to her principal, Dr Hon, after sitting through a four-hour Ministry of Education-approved “It’s Uncomplicated” workshop by Focus on the Family.
The junior college she is from is presumably Hwa Chong Institution, based on the principal's surname.
This is Agatha's well-articulated open letter posted on Facebook: