11 reasons why the stylo [email protected] is actually hipster heaven
Hipsters, brace yourself for some serious bookgasms.
[email protected], located on the 3rd and 4th level of Orchard Gateway (that rather empty mall beside [email protected]), finally opened its doors this morning after a seven year absence in Singapore’s prime shopping belt.
The two-storey library, which features stylo milo furniture, has a strong focus on design. The public can find more than 45,000 design-related books and 46 magazine titles – get this, hipsters – all new and exclusive to [email protected]
The previous [email protected] located in Ngee Ann City pulled down the shutters in 2007.
Here are 11 reasons why all self-respecting hipsters should visit the library pronto.
1. A library that greets you
2. You can book surf
3. For the lone hipster
4. Take in the light
5. There’s depth
6. And there are that many magazine titles
7. It’s like watching an art installation
8. Because hipsters like to share
9. It’s a lifestyle
10. A courtyard for all hipsters to congregate
11. And it’s two storeys of hipster heaven
Top photo from here.