But the Men in White (MIW) know how to give it as good as it gets too.
Anyway, check out the stand-out comments from Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and Minister Chan Chun Sing yesterday night.
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong - PAP candidate and anchor Minister for Ang Mo Kio GRC.
1. PM wrapping up his speech: "We must have high standards for politics. Do you care? Are you doing the right thing? Are you doing your best? Are you serving Singapore well? Not 'am I in jail? If not, I am okay' What kind of people are these?"
General Lee Hsien Loong: "We must have high standards for politics ... make sure we are with you, for you, for Singapore."Video Credit: Toggle.SGGet breaking news, live updates, and exclusive content, on the go, please click: http://bit.ly/pap_link_up
3. On PAP's selection process for candidates: "In politics, your heart must be right. Your character is crucial...You cannot afford to be selfish, you cannot afford to cover up and just elak (evade) a little bit and taiji, tomorrow I solve tomorrow's problems later on".
4. On PAP's selection process for candidates (2): "We get feedback from the ground. They like this person or they don't like this person. Why? Is it because he is a bit awkward? Well, can teach him to smile a bit more. But if it is because he is not very caring about people, not interested, then we have to think again."
Minister Chan Chun Sing - PAP candidate and anchor Minister for Tanjong Pagar GRC
5. "50 years on, we have tried so hard to build a special country for ourselves and for our children, why should we let go of this because someone else promise us to be average and normal? No! Never give up the country because of this"
Chan Chun Sing: "50 years on, we have tried so hard to build a special country... why should we let go of this because someone else promise us to be average and normal?"Get breaking news, live updates, and exclusive content, on the go, please click: http://bit.ly/pap_link_up
6. “Many think just because you give money you can solve the problem. No. If you have walked the ground and talked to community leaders, you’ll know better. They need care. They need concern. They don’t need people to make grand speeches".
7. Alluding to SingFirst's platform which includes a monthly $300 allowance for children and elderly, he said, "Some of them promised you $300 per month. No questions asked. I say, please don't insult my residents. You think what? They are here to be bribed? Is this an election or an auction?"
everybody S$300? Why not give S$3,000? Isn't that better? But please don't look down on Singaporeans. We are not here to be bribed": Chan Chun Sing on SingFirst's suggestion for the Government to give children and the elderly S$300 monthly. http://bit.ly/1XgdTHR #GE2015
Senior Minister of State Indranee Rajah - PAP candidate for Tanjong Pagar GRC
8. "They (opposition) do not know you like we do. They will not care for you the same way we do".
Indranee Rajah addressing the Tanjong Pagar residents at the 1st PAP National Rally: "This is the Tanjong Pagar Spirit!" Video Credit: Toggle.SGGet breaking news, live updates, and exclusive content, on the go, please click: http://bit.ly/pap_link_up
9. "We make sure every school is a good school. Not every school is the same school. But every school is a good school so that your child can get a good education."
the PAP government, every Singaporean of whatever age is important. We are a unique people and we are a special country. Never forget that!" says Indranee Rajah from People's Action Party.LIVE UPDATES: bit.ly/paprallysep2WATCH LIVE: bit.ly/sgvotes2015