WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Writer / Senior Writer for the Lifestyle & Entertainment pillar, you will be responsible for creating highly relevant and engaging content for our audiences. You will help our editorial team expand its editorial range and increase its editorial depth.
Senior Writers will assist the Lifestyle Editor in leading and mentoring a team of writers and content creators, and be responsible for executing, assigning, and coordinating editorial tasks and duties.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Participating in day-to-day news gathering and reporting to produce high impact and effective written content, with a focus on lifestyle topics including food, events, entertainment, celebrity, and travel
- Translating such content for social media platforms like Instagram and TikTok
- Independently managing project timelines and resources
- Covering events with a creative approach, and in a timely and competitive fashion
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with two to three years of content and/or operational experience (for the Senior Writer position) in news, digital media, or a related industry, and with experience in managing teams and projects. Proven professional experience with lifestyle and entertainment content is a plus.
If you are someone who:
- Reads widely and thinks clearly and critically
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about lifestyle topics, current affairs, people, and culture
- Possesses excellent writing skills that marry style and substance
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among young Singaporeans
- Is a fast learner and problem solver, and who can work independently with minimal hand-holding
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Writer / Senior Writer (Lifestyle & Entertainment)" in the subject line.
Provide samples of past writing works along with your resume, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.