WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day,
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Writer (Perspectives, Commentaries & Op-Eds), you will work as part of Mothership’s editorial team to kickstart conversations and provide thought leadership in Singapore. Working both internally and with external contributors and newsmakers, you will develop and execute story ideas on a range of issues affecting Singapore and Singaporeans.
You will also be responsible for coordinating and executing editorial tasks and duties to manage the daily output of news content on our website.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Sourcing, curating, and writing perspective pieces to generate intelligent, educational, and meaningful conversations about Singapore and the world
- Participating in day-to-day news gathering, reporting, and story development, to produce high impact and effective content, presented in a creative and digital-friendly manner
- Independently managing project timelines and resources
- Identifying potential editorial opportunities, and engaging and building relationships with stakeholders
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with 1-2 years of operational experience in news, digital media, or a related industry. Fresh graduates are also welcome to apply.
If you are someone who:
- Reads widely and thinks clearly and critically
- Is able to identify trending topics within current affairs, culture and politics
- Possesses excellent writing skills with literary flair
- Can comfortably juggle multiple tasks and timelines in a constantly changing environment and implement projects from conceptualisation to implementation with minimal supervision
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Content Producer (Perspectives, Commentaries & Op-eds)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past writing works along with your resume, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.