Mothership is looking for full-time video folks to join our expanding video (explainers) team.
If you have:
- An eye for visual storytelling,
- a questioning mind and keen ears,
- and seek to always be subverting expectations,
Mothership may just be the next place for you to flex those creative muscles and put that kaypoh nature to good use.
You will join a team of passionate content creators who want nothing more than to let Singaporeans know more about what’s happening on our sunny island, help them (and yourself) break down difficult concepts, and answer those random questions that pop up in everyone’s heads.
- Create smart, insightful and creative explainer videos (original and sponsored) for the social media generation.
- Conduct interviews with relevant people for your videos.
- Research on current affairs and trends in Singapore.
- Script witty and easy-to-understand explainers.
- Take ownership of and own a video series.
- Plan and develop strategies for original video series.
- Track and analyse video performance for original video content and series
- Regular brainstorms with business development team for sponsored content.
- Diploma/Degree in social sciences/media-related disciplines. Fresh graduates welcome.
- Proficient in Premiere Pro and After Effects
- Ability to work a video camera or DSLR
- Technically skilled in handling cameras/lights/audio
- You can write sharp, simple and efficient
- A sense of humour
- A good sense of storytelling and rhythm
- A curious and inquisitive mind, i.e. you are kaypoh
- A good sense of visual aesthetic
- Keen interest in the latest trends, and a good news sense — able to tell trends and pick up viral topics quickly
- Ability to work independently in the pre-production, filming and post-production stages
If you're interested, please email your resume (in pdf) and a portfolio of your work to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application - Video Content Producer (Explainers)" in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.