WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 9th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centred culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Video Content Producer (Explainers), we want to help our audience make sense of the world around us — from topics ranging from the cost of living in Singapore to why we use a plastic bag to drink coffee.
In this role, you will work with fellow producers to research, script, film, and edit entertaining explainer-type videos to help inform our audience across a variety of formats.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Pitching and planning explainer videos that can help provide insight to a topic or an issue.
- Researching, sourcing and writing scripts
- Falling into a rabbit hole of information and questioning yourself in the process
- Taking part in shoots as a production support crew member (where relevant)
- Editing explainer-type videos
- Keeping track of trends and news
WHICH video series might you be a part of?
- MS Explains: Helping viewers make sense of happenings around Singapore and the region. Something like this.
- And potentially a video series that you develop from scratch!
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone who is curious, knows how to research, and puts visuals first.
If you are someone who:
- is proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- is able to operate video cameras and DSLRs
- spends too much time watching YouTube videos/TikToks/IG Reels and thinking about them
- has a keen eye for good visual storytelling
- gets triggered when you read this: “corn”, “cbat”, “He’s a 10, but he….”
- wonders about different issues in news and current affairs
- enjoys explaining things to those willing to listen
Bonus if you:
- have some experience in handling lighting and audio equipment
- are proficient in After Effects and Graphic Design
- is trained in journalism
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Video Content Producer (Explainers)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide a portfolio of your work, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.