WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we are approaching our 10th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Senior Video Producer, you will work with fellow content creators, using the video medium to help inform, engage and entertain our audiences about interesting people, places and communities in Singapore on TikTok, Instagram, and Facebook.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Taking part in pitching, conceptualising, and executing insightful and creative editorial and sponsored video products with your team
- Able to be nimble and think on your feet
- Managing video projects independently
- Providing guidance to junior teammates
- Analysing video performances on social media platforms
- Taking part in shoots as a production support crew member (where relevant)
WHO should consider?
If you’re someone who gets curious and excited about discovering unique people, places and communities, we welcome you to join us!
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in community stories and is able to present it through engaging videos.
- Have a keen interest in telling the stories of our community and its inhabitants
- Have a good grasp of what’s happening in our community
- Have a good understanding of the media landscape
- Possess a keen eye for detail
- Have good socio-political sensibilities
- Have a good sense of storytelling and social media trends
- Are proficient in post-production tools like Adobe Premiere Pro
- Have a strong command of English and are passionate in storytelling
- Are able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Are familiar with video operations
- Are able to front the camera and appear on-screen when required
- Have at least 3 years of experience in the media or another relevant industry
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Senior Video Producer (Community)" in the subject line.
Do also provide relevant samples of your past works along with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.