WHY join us?
Mothership is one of Singapore’s leading digital news platforms, and one that focuses on issues and topics close to the hearts of emerging generations.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth and transformation.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day,
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Senior Designer / Junior Art Director, you will work with our visual design team and across the organisation to ensure and improve the creative and visual quality of our work. You will help shape how audiences view and connect with our content and our brand across various platforms and content formats.
You will play a pivotal role in shaping Mothership’s visual identity and seek to enhance the quality of our visual work. You will take a lead role in growing and strengthening our design capabilities. You will also be responsible for driving and executing various creative projects.
Your job functions will include:
- Overseeing the quality and coherence of visual content and assets, including photographs, images, and infographics on our website and social media platforms
- Creating high impact and effective visual content, presented in a creative and digital-friendly manner
- Proactively collaborating across teams to develop and execute new design ideas that improve product and brand recognition and trust
- Driving creative projects (e.g. website redesign, recruitment, physical office environment)
- Mentoring and coaching teammates in visual thinking and design
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with at least three years of operational experience in design, branding, advertising, news, social / digital media, publishing, or a related industry. Candidates with experience in managing teams and projects are preferred.
If you are someone who:
- Believes that visual design can contribute significantly to the way people understand and interact with the world around them
- Is a visual thinker who is creative, curious, and passionate about communicating through design
- Has an eye for detail, and possesses excellent copywriting and copyediting skills
- Keeps current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among young Singaporeans
- Is familiar with industry-grade design software and tools such as InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Canva
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Senior Designer / Junior Art Director" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past works along with your resume, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.