Mothership.sg is an internet media company and a product of the Internet – serious, flippant, entertaining and informative.
We are looking for passionate and dynamic individuals to apply for the position(s) of Infographic & meme creator.
The candidate should possess a love for memes and infographics.
Meme-wise, the candidate should ideally keep up to date with the trending topics and pop-culture references so as to replicate templates or create original meme content that reflect our style, voice and stories.
Infographic-wise, the candidate should be able to create useful infographics that serve to help users digest and make sense of information.
These infographics should serve to break down pointers and information from complicated stories, or present news information in a clear, concise and visually- appealing manner.
- You will work as part of the Mothership editorial team to grow and manage our digital media platforms and our audience base.
- You will create and produce content with a focus on memes and infographics.
- You will help manage our stakeholders, including our operating partners and our sponsorship partners.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Fresh Polytechnic or University graduates are welcome to apply.
- Any form of involvement with the local pop-culture community (e.g. you cosplay, you are a gamer, you make TikToks, you know what’s going on in the local youth scene) is a bonus.
- Has experience in using software and apps such as Photoshop and/or Canva, Premiere Pro, and TikTok.
- You are energetic, creative and are able to think and communicate with clarity.
- You love the internet & digital content, and you keep current with media technology and social media trends.
- You consume, and are able to contextualise local and international news from different topical pillars.
- You are adaptable - you are an outcome-focused problem solver, which is especially important given how specific your role is.
- You are nimble and curious.
- You are patient, firm and decisive.
- You are collaborative and possess strong interpersonal, social and communications skills to build understanding across all levels and departments.
- You are able to work independently and in teams and can thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
We strive to provide a people centric culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
If you're interested, email your resume in PDF form to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Infographic/meme-creator" in the subject line.
You may also include links or images to relevant memes (both video or picture format are acceptable) and infographics you have created.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.