WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news media group.
2023 marks our 10th year since our conception. As we embark on our next phase of growth, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us.
Our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. Here, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside talented individuals who believe in purposeful, high-impact work.
We also strive to build and preserve a people-centred culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
Working as part of Mothership’s Strategic Communications & Brand Stewardship team, you will draft strategic internal and external communications materials, oversee corporate branding initiatives, as well as optimise the brand value of our products.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Drafting strategic company-level materials and documentation for internal dissemination
- Drafting public communications materials and support with crisis/issues management, where needed
- Curating and creating engaging original content for Mothership’s LinkedIn page
- Planning and executing events, initiatives and campaigns for Mothership’s 10th anniversary
- Identifying and evaluating external communications opportunities, advising speakers on key narratives and messages for their talking points and/or presentation decks
- Publicising and promoting Matchbox (our creative and events space) to relevant stakeholders and partners
- Developing and implementing CSR strategies
- Providing strategic recommendations on brand alignment of all public-facing materials and communications initiatives
WHO should consider?
If you are someone who:
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of experience with digital marketing, content strategy, and/or brand communications
- Is familiar with the LinkedIn landscape
- Has a track record of conceptualising engaging thought leadership content for social media
- Is highly creative, able to consistently pitch new and unconventional content ideas
- Has experience creating content or marketing collaterals using Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Canva
- Has experience planning, driving and managing projects from start to finish
- Is an excellent multitasker and able to consistently stay on top of new developments
- Is a skilled communicator who can craft clear and precise messages, preferably with experience as a media spokesperson
- Has an ability to understand business issues, independently distil key messages and narratives, and translate them into strategic outcomes
- Is comfortable working with teammates of various levels, including senior management
- Considers yourself a highly-motivated self-starter with plenty of initiative
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Executive / Senior Executive (SCBS)" in the subject line.
If you wish – and this will be a huge bonus – you could also send us a presentation deck (no more than 7 slides) or a video (no longer than 1 minute) to share with us more about yourself.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.