WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day,
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Business Development Executive, you will work within our Business & Partnerships team to develop long-term working relationships with and executive effective marketing campaigns for our brand partners and sponsors.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Overseeing and managing projects from ideation to publication, while tending to the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Creating and delivering great pitch materials and presentations to persuade brands to partner with us and invest in our programmes
- Creating high-impact marketing campaigns to fulfil the business objectives of our commercial partners, by leveraging on Mothership’s unique approach to content creation
- Extracting and analysing data to provide useful insights that address the business goals of our brand partners and sponsors, and improve the quality of our work
- Keeping current with the latest local and international digital marketing and advertising trends
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with minimally two years’ experience in account management, business development, campaign strategy, and/or media planning. Candidates with less experience but who possess strong credentials will be considered.
If you are someone who:
- Possesses superior people and networking skills, and is eager to explore new business opportunities
- Is able to manage multiple tasks and competing priorities under complex, dynamic, and challenging conditions
- Takes initiative and can work independently, but is also a team player who positively influences and improves team culture and performance
- Has an eye for creative and effective storytelling and design, to create logically, emotionally, and visually captivating business pitches and proposals
- Is a resourceful problem-solver with sharp business acumen
- Willing and able to learn on the job
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Business Development Executive" in the subject line.
If you wish – and this will be a huge bonus – you could also send us a presentation deck (no more than 7 slides) or a video (no longer than 1 minute) to share with us more about yourself.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.