WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth, venturing into key markets and territories beyond Singapore.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As our Asia-Pacific Content Lead for Lifestyle, Entertainment & Culture, you will work with us to develop a new editorial platform that aims to connect young people across Southeast Asia in the genres of entertainment, lifestyle and culture, delivered with passion, insights, thoughtfulness, sensibilities and humour.
You will lead and guide a team of creators and be responsible for creating, editing, assigning, and curating content.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Identifying emerging and trending lifestyle and pop culture issues and conversations
- Producing high impact and effective content across multimedia formats, for distribution on social media channels like Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube
- Independently managing project timelines and resources
- Mentoring fellow content creators and helping them create innovative and groundbreaking work
- Monitoring the digital landscape and strategising the growth and development of the platform to retain a unique competitive edge
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with at least four years of operational experience in digital media, entertainment and lifestyle news, or a related industry, and with experience in managing teams and projects.
If you are someone who:
- Is able to cleverly execute some combination of the following: videos, memes, infographics, illustrations, photography
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about lifestyle, people, culture, and pop culture phenomena
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among today’s youths across borders (i.e. an eye for virality)
- Can use effective storytelling to excite and engage our audiences on issues and events of the day
- (Bonus) Has some knowledge of the operating terrain and culture of at least one key APAC territory, having worked or lived there for some time
- (Bonus) Is bilingual and able to translate, with flair and nuance, from another language to English (and vice versa)
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, highly creative, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – APAC Content Lead (Lifestyle, Entertainment & Culture)" in the subject line.
Provide samples of past writing works along with your resume, or even a short self-recorded video on why you are the ideal candidate for this role.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.