WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 9th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Writer, you will work as part of Mothership’s editorial team to write and sieve out breaking news that affects Singapore and Singaporeans. You will chase stories and content ideas.
You will be responsible for executing and coordinating editorial tasks and duties.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Research, source, sort and curate information and data to produce intelligent, educational and effective content about Singapore and the world, presented in a creative and digital friendly manner.
- Go out onto the ground to do reporting and news gathering.
- Manage daily output of news content on the website and social media platforms.
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with one to two years of working experience, deep interest and more than just passing knowledge of news, digital media, or a related industry, and with experience in writing for other people’s consumption.
Fresh graduates with relevant experience are also welcome to apply.
If you are someone who:
- Reads widely and thinks clearly and critically
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about current affairs, people, culture, history, and politics
- Possesses excellent writing and editing skills
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among young Singaporeans
- Can help our audiences make sense of issues and events in an increasingly complex and fragmented world
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Writer (Current Affairs)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past writing works along with your resume, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.