Korea Artiz Studio S'pore outlet abruptly cease operations, over S$271,000 in pre-payment losses reported
Employees and vendors have allegedly not been paid as well.
The Singapore outlet of wedding photography studio Korea Artiz Studio appears to have ceased operations, according to couples who spoke to Mothership.
A notice pasted outside its studio along Bras Basah Road explained that the company had experienced internal operational issues, and that employees had not received their outstanding salaries or a proper response from management.
This comes after the sudden closure of its Taiwan outlet on Aug. 10.
According to the Consumers Association of Singapore (CASE), it has received over 66 complaints against the studio from Aug. 14 to Aug. 18, involving more than S$271,000 in prepayment losses.
Couples left stranded
Couples who spoke to Mothership said many had paid for their packages in full but were told not to turn up for their photography sessions until further notice.
One groom-to-be, Jake (not his real name), said he and his partner signed a S$3,269 package with the studio on Feb. 21, 2026, and had a fitting session on Aug. 8.
However, on the night of Aug. 14, a day before their scheduled photoshoot, they were informed not to turn up for the shoot.
Photo from Mothership reader
An employee informed them via WhatsApp that there had been some operational issues and that the management team was not responding.
They were also told that employees had not been paid and were asked to wait for further updates from management.
"I immediately tried calling and emailing the company but received no response," Jake said.
Another couple confirmed that other customers received the same written message from the studio's staff over the weekend.
The bride-to-be said they had paid S$3,923 in full in May 2026 for a package with a shoot scheduled for Aug. 23, but were told not to turn up for the shoot.
She also shared that a Telegram group set up by another affected customer had at least 52 members, including customers with shoots or wedding dates in the coming weeks.
Notice at studio
According to its Google listing, the studio is listed as temporarily closed.
Photo from Google Reviews
Reviews shared that a notice, which appeared to have been written by an employee, had been pasted at the door of the studio at Carlton Hotel apologising to customers for the "unexpected situation".
"Due to recent internal operational issues within the company, all employees have currently not received their outstanding salaries. At the same time, we have been unable to obtain any clear or formal response, update, or further arrangements from the company's management," the notice read.
The notice further stated that the studio was unable to confirm or guarantee whether any scheduled services could proceed as planned at this time, adding that customers should avoid making a trip down to the studio until further notice.
"We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience, difficulties, and uncertainty that this situation may cause you.
As the company's management has not yet provided us with any formal or clear response, until we receive further confirmation from the company, we are unable to provide customers with any unverified information, answers, or commitments."
The notice also included the contact details of one Shi Qian, whom they identified as a "company representative".
Checks by Mothership on the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) business profile showed that Shi Qian has been listed as a director of the company since Oct. 5, 2017.
Third-party vendor
Another couple who spoke to Mothership said they had already had their photos taken for a S$5,000 package and were in contact with the employees up until last week.
They are now waiting for their photo edits and album, which are apparently being handled by a third-party vendor.
Photo from Google Reviews
According to a Google review, the vendor had put up a notice at the studio saying she was arranging with couples to return photographs that were in her possession.
Mothership understands that the vendor had also not been paid more than S$10,000 and had no communication with the "boss", whom she said was from China.
She said she had filed a police report on Aug. 16.
As of Aug. 19, she was in communication with about 150 people who had contacted her asking about their photos.
Over S$271,000 in pre-payment losses
In response to queries from Mothership, CASE president Melvin Yong said on Aug. 19 that CASE received 66 complaints against the studio from Aug. 14 to Aug. 18.
The complaints involved more than S$271,000 in prepayment losses.
Consumers reported that the business had abruptly ceased operations, Yong said.
The complainants also reported that they had reached out to the studio for fulfilment of contracted services or refunds of their prepayments, but the business was not responsive, he added.
CASE has reached out to the studio to understand whether scheduled photography sessions and services would proceed as planned.
The consumer watchdog has also sought clarification on the remedies that will be offered to affected consumers if the services cannot be fulfilled.
Yong advised consumers to "carefully review bridal and wedding photography packages" before committing to a purchase.
They should also obtain written confirmation of key terms and deliverables, and retain all relevant documentation, including contracts and proof of payment, he added.
Where appropriate, consumers should negotiate to split the contractual amount into smaller progressive payments to be paid at various stages of service delivery, he said.
Affected consumers can approach CASE for assistance through its hotline on 6277-5100 or via its website.
Korea Artiz Studio
The studio, which was founded in Busan, Korea, in 2008, first expanded to Singapore in 2017.
According to the ACRA profile seen by Mothership on Aug. 19, the company's status is still live.
The bridal studio recently made news in Taiwan after it reportedly went bankrupt and closed down abruptly.
Some customers also reportedly received notices from the studio stating that it had undergone operational adjustments and separation from the head office, and would no longer be able to operate.
Attempts by Mothership to reach Korea Artiz Studio went unanswered.
MORE STORIES


















