WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a writing intern with the Environment team, you will work as part of Mothership’s editorial team to produce highly relevant and engaging content for our audiences, mostly related to sustainability, climate change as well as nature and wildlife.
You will help create content for the Instagram page @MothershiponEarth to engage our followers in a fun and relatable manner.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Participating in day-to-day news gathering, reporting, and story development, to produce high impact and effective content
- Presenting environment content in a relatable, easy-to-read and creative manner
- Independently managing assignment timelines
WHO should consider?
If you are someone who:
- Reads widely and thinks clearly and critically
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about sustainability and nature
- Possesses excellent writing
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends
- Is a fast learner and problem solver who requires minimal hand-holding
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
Being able to create graphics and illustrations is a plus.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Writing Intern (Environment)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past writing works along with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.