WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day,
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Video Content Producer (News), you will work as part of Mothership’s editorial team, using the video medium to help inform and educate our audiences on the events and issues that move and shape Singapore and the world.
You will work with fellow content creators to produce highly relevant and engaging news content for our audiences.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Pitching, planning, and producing insightful and creative news videos
- Participating in news gathering, reporting, and story development, to produce high impact and effective video content, presented in a creative and digital-friendly manner
- Exploring ways to identify, highlight, and add value to conversations of the day, including through the creation and development of original video series
- Independently managing project timelines and resources
- Identifying potential editorial opportunities, and engaging and building relationships with stakeholders
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with experience in video content creation.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled in operating video cameras and DSLRs
- Experience in handling lights and audio equipment
- Good sense of multimedia storytelling and rhythm
- Experience with Live productions is a plus
If you are someone who:
- Consumes a wide range of multimedia content and thinks clearly and critically
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about current affairs, people, culture, history, and politics
- Has a keen eye for visual storytelling
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among young Singaporeans
- Can help our audiences make sense of issues and events in an increasingly complex and fragmented world
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Video Content Producer (News)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide a portfolio of your work, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.