WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we are approaching our 10th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Video Producer (News & Current Affairs) , you will work with fellow content creators, using the video medium to help entertain, engage and inform our audiences about trending topics in Singapore on Facebook, Instagram and TikTok.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Identify trending topics that are of interest to people in Singapore
- Conceptualise and execute insightful and creative editorial and sponsored videos with your team
- Manage video projects independently
- Provide guidance to junior teammates
- Analyse video performances on social media platforms
WHO should consider?
Do you identify yourself as a news junkie? Do your friends depend on you to give a TL;DR of the latest happenings in Singapore?
We are looking for someone who has a strong interest in news and current affairs and able to present them in an engaging video format.
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- Strong command of English and passionate in storytelling
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Familiar with video operation
- Able to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Able to front camera on-screen when required
- 2-3 years of experience in the media or relevant industry is a plus
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Video Producer (News & Current Affairs)" in the subject line.
Do also provide relevant samples of your past works along with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.