WHAT is this role about?
Mothership is looking for a video content producer, specialising in covering regional and global affairs.
As a Video Content Producer (Global Affairs) you will work as part of Mothership’s editorial team, using the video medium to produce content to help Singaporeans make sense of regional news, events, and global affairs.
A snippet of what you can expect to do on a day-to-day basis:
- Research and pitch videos on regional and global affairs
- Outline and script this research into interesting videos that can engage Singaporeans
- Independently managing project timelines and resources
- Keep abreast of news from abroad
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone who:
- Reads widely and has an interest in regional and global affairs, culture, politics, foreign policies and history
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled in operating video cameras and equipment
- A keen sense of narrative and ability to translate dense research into engaging videos
- A passion and interest in cross-platform content
- Avid YouTube/Facebook video/TikTok watcher
Do apply even if you are someone who is not proficient at video editing — we are also looking for someone who is keen to learn.
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Video Content Producer (Global Affairs)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide a portfolio of your work, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.