WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Video Content Producer (Originals) OR Video Content Director (Originals) , you will work with fellow content creators, using the video medium to help entertain, engage and inform our audiences.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Pitching, planning, and producing insightful and creative videos
- Exploring ways to identify, highlight, and add value to conversations of the day, through the creation and development of episodes in an original video series
- Independently managing project timelines, crew and production resources
- Taking part in shoots as a production support crew member (where relevant)
- Managing a small crew and/or creatively directing a series episode (where relevant)
- Analysing the performance of our original video content
WHICH video series might you be a part of?
- Beyond the Glassdoor: Uncovering the cultures of different businesses in Singapore
- MS Explains: Helping viewers make sense of happenings around Singapore and the region
- This Is Us: Local stories of a global scale
- And potentially a video series that you develop from scratch!
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with experience in video content creation.
- Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Able to operate video cameras and DSLRs
- Good sense of multimedia storytelling and rhythm
- Firm understanding of existing and emerging social media platforms
- A bonus if you have some experience in handling lighting and audio equipment
If you are someone who:
- Consumes a wide range of multimedia content and thinks critically
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about content creation
- Has a keen eye for good visual storytelling
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among young Singaporeans
- Can help our audiences make sense of issues and events in an increasingly complex and fragmented world
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Video Content Producer (Originals)" or “Career Application – Video Content Director (Originals)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide a portfolio of your work, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.