WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day,
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a video producer for our new Asia-Pacific focused media project for Lifestyle, Entertainment & Culture, you will produce video content that aims to connect young people across the Asia-Pacific region in the genres of entertainment, lifestyle and culture, delivered with passion, insights, thoughtfulness, sensibilities, and humour.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Identifying emerging and trending lifestyle / pop culture issues and conversations in the Asia-Pacific region
- Pitching and participating in discussions on video content ideas
- Working independently and in teams, managing project timelines, deliverables, and resources
- Producing insightful and creative video content to be published on social media channels like YouTube, Instagram, and TikTok
WHO should consider?
We are looking for candidates with at least three years of video production experience in digital media, as well as some experience in entertainment, lifestyle, and pop culture.
- Fluent in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Skilled in operating video cameras and DSLRs
- Experience in handling lighting and audio equipment
If you are someone who:
- Is hopeful and optimistic about the future
- Has a broad worldview, and is interested in global culture with a sharp focus on the Asia-Pacific region
- Is creative, curious and passionate
- Keeps up to date with digital and social media trends and expresses them creatively and passionately in ways that connect with others
- Can use effective storytelling to excite and engage our audiences on trending issues and events
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, highly creative, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Video Content Producer (APAC Lifestyle, Entertainment & Culture)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide a portfolio of your work, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.