Mothership.sg is looking for a creative and independent TikTok creator to join our video team.
This isn’t just about getting paid to do dance trends or being funny. It’s about taking news to the next level.
Your work should let viewers know more about what’s happening in Singapore and find ways to get them to better know what’s happening in the news.Your work will help them understand and appreciate current affairs in a way that is most familiar to them and spur them to stay in touch with the happenings in the country.
- Lead and Assist the TikTok team with pre-production, production, and post-production — doing research, brainstorming, operating a camera, editing a video.
- Pitch and execute interesting TikTok content ideas.
- Guide TikTok members and coordinate in content creation and development of series or content pillars
- Cover events where necessary.
- Regular brainstorms with the business development team for sponsored content.
- Poly students/ Uni students are welcome to apply
- Must be able to use the TikTok app to film, cut and produce TikTok content
- Must be comfortable to appear in front of the camera
- Can distill news into digestible news videos
- Up to date with digital and social media trends, especially with TikTok
- You consume, and are able to contextualise local and international news from different topical pillars.
- You are adaptable - you are an outcome-focused problem solver, which is especially important given how specific your role is.
- A sense of humour
- Responsible and meticulous.
- Resourceful and can work independently where necessary, but also guide and provide a direction for our TikTok platform to grow
- Respectful of timelines, and ethical.
- A good sense of storytelling and rhythm.
The following are not necessary but a bonus:
- Proficiency in Adobe Premiere Pro
- Proficiency in Canva/Adobe Photoshop
- Any form of involvement with the local pop-culture community (e.g. you cosplay, you are a gamer, you are well-known/versed in TikTok, you know what’s going on in the local youth scene) is a bonus
If you're interested, please email your resume (in pdf) and a portfolio of your work to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application - TikTok Creator" in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.