Mothership is a digital media company and a product of the Internet.
If you are interested in pursuing a career in digital media, we wish to invite you to apply to join us as a Senior / Lead Technologist.
We are looking for someone with a profound understanding of how technology can be applied in a digital media context, to spearhead the establishment of our tech team and our tech efforts. You will be responsible for the performance and optimisation of our backend and frontend systems, work closely with various teams to develop our technology strategy, and drive the use of tech solutions to improve our products and operations.
- Manage and improve the Mothership web infrastructure
- Ensure smooth and reliable operation of the Mothership website
- Manage and execute DevOps for WordPress sites
- Apply knowledge and skills in functional programming languages and high performance computing within a digital media environment
- Apply knowledge and skills in Blue Green deployments and security best practices to maintain the integrity of the Mothership web infrastructure
- Maintain large production databases and identify slow performance bottlenecks
- Implement Analytics and MarTech tools - Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics
- Develop internal APIs and consume third party APIs for high traffic environments
- Collaborate with various teams within the company to identify and resolve pain points, develop solutions, and exploit efficiencies using technology
- Level up the tech knowledge and skills capabilities of our product and platform teams
Qualifications & Requirements:
- At least 2 years experience with Elixir and Phoenix
- At least 3 years experience working with high traffic WordPress websites
- At least 3 years working with WordPress templates, plugins, and WordPress API
- Strong knowledge of Linux environment and its commands
- Strong in DevOps on Google Cloud compute engine and AppEngine
- Strong fundamentals in website analytics and advertising, tracking and conversions
- Familiar with various technologies and networking concepts - Google Cloud Platform (compute engine, networking, security concepts), WordPress (templates, custom plugins, API integrations)
- Familiar with various programming languages - Elixir / Phoenix
- Familiar with various tools and services - Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Facebook, Instagram & Twitter APIs
- Able to work independently while building a team from the ground up
- Familiarity with e-commerce applications (scalability, product/inventory management) is a bonus
- Prior experience in a digital media organisation (or working on digital media projects) is a bonus
We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth for all our teammates.
If you are interested and feel you have what it takes, please email [email protected] with your CV/resume. Please include "Career Application – Senior / Lead Technologist" in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.