WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 9th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centred culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As the Senior Finance Executive / Assistant Finance Manager, you will be involved in the day-to-day finance and accounting needs of the Company and the Finance department.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Responsible for the full set of accounts
- Oversee, manage and account for the company’s fixed assets (work stations, production equipment and office furnitures etc)
- Verify and process staff claims and related incentives according to company’s internal guidelines
- Assist with whole of company budgeting, forecasting and planning process
- Manage, scrutinise and control all costs and expenditures
- Vendors & procurement management
- Consolidation and delivery of accurate and timely financial/management reports and providing financial analysis on these reports
- Main liaison between the company and our bankers, corporate secretary, and tax agents
- Prepare quarterly GST submission, annual financial statement filing and tax submissions
- Ensure adherence to financial reporting and statutory requirements
- Review, recommend and carry out improvements to systems, business processes and procedures as and when required
- Work with the Corporate Development team to provide support on Finance or general matters that may arise
WHO should consider?
If you are someone who:
- Possesses a Diploma / Degree in accounting-related fields or any professional accounting qualification (ACCA, CPA Australia, ICAEW)
- Minimally 2-3 years relevant working experience
- Familiarity with Quickbooks Online will be a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite and Google suite
- Conversant in accounting standards such as S/IFRS or other relevant International Standard
- Is a fast learner and problem solver
- Is resourceful, independent and requires minimal supervision or hand-holding
- Possesses a positive working attitude, is self-motivated and willing to learn
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Senior Finance Executive / Assistant Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.