WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day,
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As a Podcast Producer, you will work as part of Mothership’s Audio Projects team to develop a new narrative-driven podcast series. The series aims to tell stories from Singapore and beyond, giving audiences a glimpse into the human condition.
You will work alongside teammates who are passionate about creating engaging content using audio formats.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Putting together fun and insightful episodes for our podcast
- Conducting research into a variety of topics relevant and interesting to our audiences
- Identifying, building relationships with, and interviewing guests and newsmakers
- Writing scripts and pitching stories
- Developing and executing marketing strategies for the podcast
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with prior writing, journalism, podcast, and/or show hosting experience. A plus if you are familiar with audio production and editing software, and have an understanding of the narrative or story-driven audio content landscape.
If you are someone who:
- Is curious about socio-cultural phenomena, and has a nose for a good story
- Possesses the drive to pursue story leads and opportunities, and can work independently
- Has a good sense of humour, and the ability to put people at ease during interviews
- Listens to a wide range of podcasts and audio content
- Is fluent in written and spoken English
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Podcast Producer" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past works along with your resume, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.