WHY join us?
Mothership is a Singapore-based digital media company focusing on news, current affairs, and entertainment for tomorrow's generations.
As we mark our 10th year, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centred culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As an Evening Writer, you will work with a team of editorial colleagues to inform, entertain, and engage our audiences about trending topics in Singapore.
The evening team operates from 4pm to 11pm, Mondays through Fridays.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a daily basis:
- Participating in news gathering and reporting
- Responding to breaking news events
- Pitching and developing story ideas
- Working independently to pursue leads, conduct research, and follow up on pitches
- Assisting with Mothership social media platform management, e.g. drafting captions for social media posts
WHO should consider?
Do you like chasing news and scoops? Do you work better in the evenings?
If you possess:
- A keen eye for detail and a critical mind
- A strong command of the English language
- Passion for news and current affairs and familiarity with the latest social media trends
- The ability to work under pressure to meet breaking news deadlines
- The ability to host and present in videos when required
… we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include “Career Application - Evening Writer (News & Current Affairs)” in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past writing works along with your resume or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.