Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate and dynamic individuals to join as we embark on the next growth and expansion cycle of our business.
In this role, you will work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and witness the impact of your work on our audiences as well as our colleagues, both of whom are at the heart of all that we do.
We strive to build and preserve a people-centered corporate culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As part of the senior management, you will oversee group level editorial operations, organizational development, talent and performance management. You will work closely with the editorial leaders to improve outcomes, efficiency and impact.
Executive functions include:
- Review, improve and manage the processes and workflows of the Editorial Business Design and oversee department/team structures to contribute to organizational effectiveness
- Liaise with relevant teammates to communicate and implement organization development and/or change interventions to ensure that the organization’s plans are delivered with coherence, speed and effectiveness
- Manage talent deployment and manpower rotations / rostering within teams and departments
- Work with editorial leaders to identify and resolve operating challenges to the smooth running of editorial platforms, and adapt workflows to publishing requirements
- Develop and execute policies, programmes, and systems, including exploring innovative workstreams, to enhance performance and reduce inefficiencies
- Work with the corporate development team to oversee and manage the progression and career pathways for our editorial talents, including clarifying and articulating role descriptions, and providing support to employees and managers on matters related to individual performance
- Provide administrative and operational support to the managing editor
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with at least eight years of corporate experience in news or media operations, project management, talent management, management consulting.
If you are someone who:
- Proactively identifies issues and has a proven track record of implementing effective and empathetic solutions
- Thinks clearly, critically, and systemically
- Embraces uncertainty and is able to connect the dots quickly
- Possesses excellent communication and presentation skills
- Is able to manage and juggle multiple projects while maintaining a high level of precision
- Has experience leading teams
- Is empathetic and loves working with people to build, fix, and improve things
- Has experience managing projects, building processes, optimising workflows, and managing human resources in a fast-paced environment, preferably in the media and creative industry
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
You should possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected] Please include "Career Application – Editorial Operations & Performance Management Partner" in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.