WHY join us?
Matchbox is Mothership’s newly-launched creative space with a social purpose. It is an expression of our desire to contribute to the local community beyond the online space.
We call it Matchbox, with the hope that this 2000-square-foot blackbox space will ignite many small fires within and among aspiring creative, artistic, and media talents, and become part of their creative journeys.
Our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centred culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As Curator, you will oversee programming, operations, and marketing for Matchbox.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Defining and developing Matchbox’s target audience(s) and use case(s)
- Planning, managing, and executing Matchbox programmes and events
- Marketing Matchbox to potential clients and sponsors, as well as to key target audiences
- Coordinating with and managing key stakeholders (landlords, vendors, colleagues, etc.)
- Overseeing venue and equipment upkeep and maintenance
- Ensuring Matchbox’s financial and environmental sustainability
WHO should consider?
This is a mid-level role that reports to the Head of Commercial. We are looking for someone with minimally three years’ experience in arts management, events management, venue management, or marketing and partnerships.
If you are someone who:
- Possesses an eye for detail and is able to think on your feet
- Has experience organising visual, literary, and/or performing arts programmes
- Has experience managing studio renovation work and equipment procurement
- Has experience handling tech and audiovisual systems and equipment (bonus)
- Loves meeting and speaking with people
- Has a desire and vision for engaging and impacting audiences through events and programmes
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Curator (Matchbox)" in the subject line.
If you wish – and this will be a huge bonus – you could also send us a presentation deck (no more than 7 slides) or a video (no longer than 1 minute) to share with us more about yourself.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.