Mothership.sg is a digital media company.
We are currently looking for interested candidates to apply for the position of Writer - Current Affairs for Local News coverage.
In this role, you will be part of the editorial team, you will write and sieve out breaking news that affects Singapore and Singaporeans.
You will chase stories and content ideas. You will be responsible for executing and coordinating editorial tasks and duties.
This might require going on-the-ground and gathering news independently.
You will join a team of passionate writers and content creators to help our audiences make sense of issues and events in an increasingly dynamic, fragmented and ambiguous world.
You will also help manage the daily output of news content on its website and social media platforms.
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced and competitive environment.
- Research, source, sort and curate information and data to produce intelligent, educational and effective content about Singapore and the world, presented in a creative and digital friendly manner.
- Highly resourceful, able to optimise limited resources and overcome operational challenges.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Creative, observant and rational, with excellent writing skills and literary flair.
- Excellent people and communication skills. Patient but firm and decisive.
- Able to work independently and also work well in teams.
- A problem solver who embraces challenges.
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends
- 1 to 2 years of working experience. Fresh graduates with relevant internship experiences are also welcome to apply.
- A degree in a media-related discipline is a plus.
We strive to build and preserve a people-centric culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth for all our colleagues.
If you’re interested to speak with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected].
Please include "Career Application – Writer (Current Affairs)" in the subject line. It will be advantageous if you can provide samples of past works along with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.