Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news media group.
As we approach our 10th anniversary, we are looking for a CEO who will work alongside our senior leadership team to propel us into our next decade of growth and transformation.
As a media organisation, our work and our team mates are at the heart of all that we do. We aspire to build a people-centred culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
We hope that the successful applicant for this appointment will enable and create the necessary conditions for us to unlock our potential, achieve our ambitions, and realise our goals.
- Lead and oversee every department and operating aspect of our organisation, including our creative functions.
- Work with the board and management team to grow the business and drive performance in accordance with the company’s vision, mission, purpose, values and operating principles
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and guidance to colleagues, including the senior leadership colleagues and younger team leaders.
- Create and spearhead strategic initiatives to further the company’s goals, including the development of new business products and their go-to-market strategies.
- Build the depth and expand the impact of our existing product so as to increase market share and mindshare.
- Define and clarify performance goals. Drive performance in way to ensure alignment and accountability across the organisation
- Maintain our performance record of year-on-year sustainable growth
- Proactively and regularly engage our stakeholders, including government regulators
- Ensure compliance with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards
- Create a culture of excellence within the organisation, and connect purpose with performance to achieve our desired outcomes
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent people and leadership skills
- Able to navigate a high-tension environment and connect performance with purpose
- Possess 12 years of management experience with at least 3 years in senior leadership positions
- A proven track record of high performance, project management, and people development
- Ability to assess issues and trends strategically, and ability to focus with operational and tactical precision
- An understanding of the local and regional media landscape, including and especially in the tech and digital space
- Fast learner, curious, possess a growth mindset
- Management consulting experience would be highly advantageous
HOW TO APPLY
If you are keen to speak with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Chief Executive Officer" in the subject line.
If you wish, you may also send us a presentation deck (no more than 7 slides) or a video (no longer than 1 minute) to share with us more about yourself.
Please note that this is a full-time position based in Singapore.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.