WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As an Assistant Editor / Senior Assistant Editor, you will work as part of Mothership’s editorial team to ensure and improve the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of our editorial work. You will help expand our editorial range and increase our editorial depth.
You will lead and mentor a team of writers and content creators, and be responsible for executing, assigning, and coordinating editorial tasks and duties.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Managing the daily output of content on our website and social media platforms through the effective editing, assigning, and curation of stories
- Participating in day-to-day news gathering, reporting, and story development, to produce high impact and effective content, presented in a creative and digital-friendly manner
- Leading and mentoring a team of writers and content creators
- Independently managing project timelines and resources
- Identifying potential editorial opportunities, and engaging and building relationships with stakeholders
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with minimally six years of operational experience in news, digital media, or a related industry, and with experience in managing teams and projects.
If you are someone who:
- Reads widely and thinks clearly and critically
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about current affairs, people, culture, history, and politics
- Possesses excellent writing and editing skills
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among young Singaporeans
- Can help our audiences make sense of issues and events in an increasingly complex and fragmented world
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Assistant Editor / Senior Assistant Editor (News & Current Affairs)" in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past writing works along with your resume, or even a short self-recorded video on why we should hire you.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.