WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we are approaching our 10th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day,
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
As an Assistant Editor, you will work as part of Mothership’s environment team (Mothership on Earth) to ensure and improve the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of our work. You will also help expand Mothership on Earth’s editorial range and increase our editorial depth.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Produce high impact and effective content, presented in a creative and digital-friendly manner
- Guide young writers and improve quality of their written content
- Engage and building relationships with stakeholders and partners
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability and communication.
If you are someone who:
- Reads widely and thinks clearly and critically
- Is creative, curious, and passionate about sustainability
- Possesses excellent writing and editing skills
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends
- 2-3 years of relevant experience
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Assistant Editor (Mothership on Earth)” in the subject line.
Bonus points if you can provide samples of past writing works along with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.