WHY join us?
Mothership is Singapore’s leading youth-focused digital news platform.
As we mark our 8th year since our conception, we invite passionate, talented and dynamic individuals to join us as we embark on our next phase of growth.
You will have the opportunity to learn from and work alongside our key leaders and industry practitioners, and to witness the impact of your work on the millions of people whom we serve every day.
As an organisation, our colleagues and our audiences are at the heart of all that we do. We strive to build and preserve a people-centered culture with a focus on personal development and professional growth.
WHAT is this role about?
This is a production role. Hit us up if you're either a
- camera assistant
- lighting grip
- motion graphic artist
who is interested in helping our different popular video series reach its potential with your technical skills.
As part of the production team, you will work with our Video Content Producers to help make our video series make an impact on many Singaporeans.
A snippet of what you can expect to be doing on a day-to-day basis:
- Brainstorming with the content team and propose technical solutions to help the script come alive on screen
- Basic editing support where needed
- Participating in production shoots providing related production support (either/or: camera operating, lighting, data wrangling, on-site edits)
- Using your production expertise to monitor the consistency and quality of videos when and if working with external production houses
- Help teammates upskill in various aspects of production
WHO should consider?
We are looking for someone with experience in video content creation, and able to understand what attracts an online crowd.
If you are someone who:
- Has basic experience in Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe Creative Suite
- Advanced proficiency needed for editor / motion graphic artist role
- Has basic experience in handling lights, camera and audio equipment
- (Advanced proficiency needed for videographer / camera assistant / lighting grip role
- Is able to do run-and-gun shoot formats
- Has a good sense of multimedia storytelling and rhythm
- Consumes a wide range of multimedia content and thinks clearly and critically
- Keeps extremely current with digital and social media trends, and has a pulse on trending conversations among young Singaporeans
- Has a good eye for visuals and angles
- Has a wicked sense of humour
... we’d love for you to be part of our team!
Crucially, you must possess the mental stamina, tenacity, and agility to work in an intensely dynamic, fast-paced, and competitive media environment.
HOW do you go about applying?
If you are interested in speaking with us, email your resume (in PDF form) to [email protected]. Please include "Career Application – Creative Video Production in the subject line.
Do also provide relevant samples of your past works along with your resume.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.