Writer – Current Affairs and Politics
Mothership is looking for a full-time Writer to be part of our editorial team.
If you feel that the millennial generation needs to learn more about politics in Singapore and want to do something about it, this job is for you.
We are looking for someone who is creative, observant, reflective and hardworking, who can work independently and in teams.
You will serve as part of Mothership’s editorial team to create and produce content, with a sharp focus on subjects related to Singapore’s history, politics and policies.
- Work with the editorial team to grow and manage the media platform(s) and audience base
- Create and produce content as part of the editorial team, focusing on Singapore’s politics, public policy, and history-related content
- Manage project timelines and resources
- Assist in sponsorship management and stakeholder engagement
- Identify sponsors and partners, and develop marketing solutions to engage such partnerships and sponsorship opportunities
- 0-3 years of working experience. A degree in political science, history or a media-related discipline is preferred.
- Highly creative, with excellent writing skills and literary flair
- Keen interest in local current affairs, politics and history
- Possess some knowledge about Singapore’s policy history
- Ability to communicate and execute with clarity
- Good people skills, patient but firm and decisive
- Embrace challenges and possess a problem solving attitude and mindset
- Up to date with digital and social media trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
Submit your resume (in PDF form) below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.