Content Researcher – Regional Affairs
Mothership is looking for a full-time content researcher to join our editorial team.
You will be creating, cross-checking, aggregating and organising current affairs-related articles about regional and global affairs affecting Singapore for the social media generation.
This role requires you to read extensively take ownership of creating your own content as well.
You will need to read upwards of 300 words per minute, and be able to understand and apply Boolean search logic.
You will join a team of passionate content creators who want nothing more than to let Singaporeans know more about what’s happening around our sunny island.
- Locate, sort and curate information from all outlets to produce smart, creative, effective content about Singapore, the region and the world in collaboration with our editorial team — using Singapore as a starting point.
- Able to work independently and ask probing questions
- Able to do make use of limited resources to carry out conscientious research
- 0 to 3 years of working experience. A degree in political science, history or a media-related discipline is preferred.
- Highly creative, observant and rational, with excellent writing skills and literary flair
- Keen interest in local current affairs, politics and history
- Possess some knowledge about Singapore’s policy history
- Ability to communicate and execute with clarity
- Good people skills, patient but firm and decisive
- Embrace challenges and possess a problem-solving attitude and mindset
- Up to date with digital and social media trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
If you’re interested, submit your resume (in PDF form) below.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.