Three unlinked Covid-19 cases were reported by the Ministry of Health (MOH) on June 8.
In total, there were nine new cases reported. There are three community cases, one dormitory case, and five imported cases.
This brings the total number of cases to 62,219.
Three unlinked cases
There are two unlinked community cases and one unlinked case in the dormitory.
- 54-year-old male Singapore Permanent Resident who works as a vessel manager at NYK Shipmanagement Pte Ltd
- Asymptomatic, detected when he was administered both an antigen rapid test (AERT) and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test on June 7 before boarding a vessel
- Immediately isolated when ART result came back positive for Covid-19
- PCR test result came back positive for Covid-19 on June 7
- Earlier test results from Rostered Routine Testing (RRT) — the last being on June 3 — were all negative for Covid-19 infection
- Serology test result is negative for N antigen, which suggests the presence of early infection
- Received first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on Jan. 25 and second dose on Feb. 17
- 35-year-old female Malaysia national who works as a retail assistant at Four Leaves (ION Orchard and AMK Hub)
- Developed a fever, cough, sore throat and runny nose on June 5 but did not seek medical treatment until June 7 when she visited a General Practitioner (GP) clinic
- Administered both an ART and PCR test at the GP clinic
- Immediately isolated when her ART result came back positive for Covid-19 infection on the same day
- Serology test result is pending
- 31-year-old male Bangladesh national who is employed by Isogo Marine Engineering Pte Ltd as a plumber and pipe fitter, and works at Keppel Shipyard Tuas Yard
- Resides at Avery Lodge (2D Jalan Papan)
- Asymptomatic, detected when he was tested on June 7 as part of testing for dormitory residents before they visited Terusan Recreation Centre
- ART result came back positive on June 7, and he was immediately isolated
- PCR test result came back positive for Covid-19 infection on June 8
- Earlier tests from RRT — the last being on June 3 — were all negative for Covid-19 infection
- Serology test result is pending
- Received first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on March 7 and the second dose on March 28
One linked community case
There is one new community case linked to previously reported Covid-19 clusters.
This case is linked to the [email protected] cluster.
Case 64108 is a resident at the home.
He is asymptomatic, and was detected from MOH's proactive testing of the home.
He has already been vaccinated against Covid-19.
The remaining cases announced today include five imported cases from India, Indonesia and the Philippines.
There are now 15 active Covid-19 clusters in Singapore, with the biggest being the Changi Airport Terminal 3 cluster with 108 cases.
42 cases discharged
42 more cases of Covid-19 infection have been discharged from hospitals or community isolation facilities.
In all, 61,702 have fully recovered from the infection and have been discharged from hospitals or community care facilities.
There are currently 187 confirmed cases who are still in hospital. Of these, most are stable or improving, and two are in critical condition in the intensive care unit.
296 are isolated and cared for at community facilities. These are those who have mild symptoms, or are clinically well but still test positive for Covid-19.
34 have passed away from complications due to Covid-19 infection.
An overview of the local Covid-19 situation in the past weeks can be found here:
Top image via Google Maps and Ion Orchard's website.