The Ministry of Health (MOH) confirmed a total of 17 new cases of Covid-19 in Singapore as of 12pm on Saturday (June 26).
This included 13 locally-transmitted cases in the community, of which four were unlinked.
One of the four unlinked cases, Case 64464, is a 21 year-old female Singaporean who works as a nurse at Changi General Hospital (CGH).
She was tested for Covid-19 on Jun. 23 as part of Rostered Routine Testing (RRT), and developed a fever and runny nose on Jun. 24.
Her test result came back positive for Covid-19 infection on Jun. 25.
Her earlier tests from RRT – the last being on June 14 – were all negative for Covid-19 infection.
MOH said that her serology test result is negative for the N antigen, which suggests the presence of early infection.
She received her first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on Feb. 5, and the second dose on Mar. 1.
She is the third positive Covid-19 case among staff at CGH in two days, after two other staff were confirmed to have Covid-19 in yesterday's update.Here are the details of the other unlinked cases:
- Case 64463: A female Singaporean, 32, who works as an administrative staff at Walt Disney. MOH said that she developed a fever, cough, and body aches on Jun. 16, but did not seek medical attention till Jun. 21
- Case 64468: A male Singaporean, 27, who is a Singapore Navy serviceman who had been quarantined till Jun. 22 due to close contact with another case, and tested negative four times during quarantine. He then developed a fever on Jun. 24 and sought medical attention at a polyclinic, where he was tested and found to have Covid-19 infection on Jun. 25.
- He received his first dose of Covid-19 vaccine on Mar. 16, and his second dose on Apr. 6.
- The Ministry of Defence (MINDEF) said in a statement that the Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) has been in contact with him and his family to render support and assistance, adding that the serviceman last visited Tuas Naval Base on Jun. 24, and that the SAF has carried out "immediate and thorough disinfection of the premises the serviceman had been in," while all personnel identified as close contacts have been swab tested and are under quarantine.
- Case 64478: A female Singaporean, 76, who is a retiree. She is asymptomatic, and was detected she sought medical treatment at Singapore General Hospital for an unrelated medical condition on Jun. 25, and was tested for Covid-19. Her test result came back positive on Jun. 26. Her serology test result is pending.
Nine linked cases
The remaining nine cases in the community are linked to previous cases.
- Two more cases (Cases 64472 and 64474) linked to the cluster at 115 Bukit Merah View Market & Food Centre, bringing the total number of cases to 89.
- One more case (Case 64470) linked to the cluster at 119 Bukit Merah View, bringing the total number of cases to eight.
- One more case (Case 64473) linked to the cluster at 105 Henderson Crescent cluster, bringing the total number of cases to 11.
- Two more cases (Cases 64476 and 64462) linked to the cluster at CGH, bringing the total number of cases to five.
- One more case (Case 64475) linked to the Case 64264 cluster, bringing the total number of cases to eight.
- Two more cases (Cases 64465 and 64467) linked to the Case 64349 cluster, bringing the total number of cases to 10.
Four imported cases
There were also four imported cases, including one Singaporean (Case 64477) and two Permanent Residents (Cases 64469 and 64479) who returned from India and the UK.
The remaining imported case (Case 64466) is a Short-Term Visit Pass holder who arrived from Saudi Arabia for a work project in Singapore.
36th death from Covid-19
Singapore also reported its 36th death from Covid-19 on Jun. 26.
Here's a summary of the Covid-19 situation in Singapore:
Top image via Google Maps/Gregory Athanasius.