A 28-year-old man was arrested by the police for suspected involvement in three motorcycle thefts at multiple estates.
On May 4 and May 5, the police received reports from individuals who had their motorcycles stolen in Woodlands, Canberra and Redhill estates.
Police officers went down to the locations where the motorcycles were last seen to investigated on the matter.
After collecting enquiries from the ground and acquiring images from Police cameras, officers from Woodlands Police Division identified of the man involved.
All three missing motorcycles have since been recovered.
The man will be charged in court on May 7 with theft of motor vehicle.
The penalty of this offence is an imprisonment term of up to seven years and a fine.
The police also advised vehicle owners to take the following precautionary measures to prevent vehicles from getting stolen:
- Park your vehicle in well-lit areas and install an anti-theft alarm
- Use a motorcycle canvas to cover your vehicle and secure both ends tightly
- Install additional locking devices such as disc brake locks or a suspension guard that can further secure their vehicle
- Remember to remove the ignition key and locking their motorcycle whenever it is left unattended.
- Don't leave spare keys inside the motorcycle box as it is best to be left at home.
Top image via Google Maps.